|Camping in the river-forest of Mesirrokow of Manokwari|
Most of the area on both sides of the river was flat. It was an ideal place for nature lovers who want to explore the tropical rainforest of West Papua.
In addition to birds, and butterflies, the river environment in Mesirrokow forest has got some colorful aquatic flowers, perhaps from the genus of eichhornia and New Guinea passion flowers that look small but beautiful.
|Riverwalk in Mesirrokow forest of Manokwari|
As a tour guide, I could organize 3 to 5 days tour in the river-forest of Mesirrokow. Visitors will stay at the tents that will be built on the sand banks of the river. Riverwalk, birdwatching, swimming or fishing are some of the works which tourists can do in the river.
For birdwatching, Mesirrokow river is an ideal site for watching lowland birds. There are plenty of Papuan hornbill, and Sulphur Crested Cockatoo along the forest edges. A good pair of binoculars or spotting scope is needed to watch birds that perch on distant trees or fly in the sky.
Nature lovers can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the forest if they walk deeper into the jungle.
How to visit Mesirrokow River Forest?
- Just fly from your country to Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia)
- Continue your air trip to Manokwari. Flight services are provided by Garuda, Sriwijaya, Express Air to Manokwari.
- I could meet you at Manokwari airport or a hotel and organize tour to the jungle.
- Water shoes and flip-flops
- Anti-insect lotion and sun block
- Flashlight/ torch
- Spotting scope/ binoculars
- Birds of New Guinea by Thane K Pratt and Bruce Beehler (as your birding reference)
- Ziploc bags for your passport and electronic devices (camera, cell phone, etc.)
|Little Ringed Plover (Charadrius dubius) at the bank of Mesirrokow river - Manokwari|